Risk & Liability
At Hill Hofstetter we specialise in investigating and defending claims on behalf of individual companies and on behalf of insurance companies dealing with all aspects of employer, public, product and occupier’s liability claims.
Our experienced team of lawyers regularly defend claims which cover complex accidents, asbestos related claims, other respiratory diseases, industrial deafness, vibration white finger (VWF), dermatitis and cancer. The claims range from relatively minor ones to fatal accident claims. We have extensive experience of liaising with Health and Safety Executive and Environmental Health Departments and their Enforcement Officers on behalf of clients.
We provide common sense legal advice to large corporations and to insurers on their potential responsibilities and liabilities. We understand the importance to our clients of reducing their exposure to liability wherever possible so that they can control their business accounting.
- Provide representation and advice at without prejudice settlement meetings aimed at bringing a swift and economic solution to difficult claims
- Provide representation at inquests and health and safety prosecutions
- Advise on insurance policy wording disputes
- Advise in cases where no insurance cover can be traced
- Draft policies, risk assessments and procedures aimed at reducing risks in the workplace
- Provide in-house training to all levels of employees updating them on the latest health and safety legislation and requirements
Our Risk and Liability team works closely with our Employment team to provide efficient and practical advice whenever the potential of a claim arises. We also work closely with our Corporate team to advise clients on potential liabilities arising from personal injury claims that may arise in the course of the due diligence process.
Click here to view Risk & Liability news from Hill Hofstetter.
Latest News & Events
- Forget Corporate Manslaughter – It Is Individual Liability That Matters
6th March 2013 - By Hill Hofstetter
Darren Smith Speaking At The Recent IOSH 2013 seminar It could be you in the dock, consultants and Read more...