We will only use your information for the purposes set out below if you have indicated that you wish us to use your information in this way when submitting the information. Additionally, if at any time you wish us to stop using your information for any or all of the below purposes, please let us know. We will stop the use of your information for such purposes as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so. From time to time we would like to use the information you supply to us for:
- market research
- responding to feedback
- informing you about our services which may include contacting you by telephone
- sending you client bulletins or information that may be of interest to you.
Notice to minors: This Site is intended for use by adults. If you are under 16 please do not send us any personal information including your email details. If you would like to contact us please do so through a parent or legal guardian (ask them to email us on your behalf).
Your Choice: Hill Hofstetter Limited permits you to opt-in to receive certain communications from Hill Hofstetter Limited. If at any time you want to opt-out of receiving communications from Hill Hofstetter Limited or that you no longer wish your feedback to be displayed on the Site, please let us know and we will change your Preferences.
Are there any security issues?
- We take the security of your data seriously. Therefore, once we receive your transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on this Site. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from this Site will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using this Site. You must not post or provide to us via this Site, any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via this Site.
- Unfortunately no data transmission or security program can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. You remain responsible for the security of your computer at all times.
What about “cookies”? A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer by your internet browser when you visit our Site. Every time you return to our Site this file is accessed, which allows us to distinguish you from other users of our Site. This helps us to provide you with a better experience when you browse our Site and also allows us to improve our Site.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We use five cookies on our Site, four for Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz) and one for Wassup (wassup_screen_res). These provide us with aggregated data about how users are using our Site such as how many visitors we receive and which pages are most popular. The Wassup cookie we use expires 19 days after it is set. The Google Analytics cookies expire either at the end of your browsing session (_utmc), after 30 minutes (_utmb), after 6 months (_utmz) or after 2 years (_utma).
If you visit our Site with your browser set to accept cookies, you consent to us using these cookies. If you do not agree to the Site placing cookies on your computer, you can change how cookies are set on your computer by changing your browser settings. In most browser software you have the option to accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set or block all cookies. You can find more information about how to change your browser settings relating to cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Your Consent: By using the Site and submitting information, you consent to: the collection and use of your personal information by us as described above; and the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of the EEA.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information: We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the information you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
Merger: If Hill Hofstetter Limited merges with, acquires or is sold to another firm or goes into bankruptcy or engages in other such business transactions, we may share files and email records with our business and merger partners.
This policy was last updated on 1 August 2012.
Latest News & Events
- Forget Corporate Manslaughter – It Is Individual Liability That Matters
6th March 2013 - By Hill Hofstetter
Darren Smith Speaking At The Recent IOSH 2013 seminar It could be you in the dock, consultants and Read more...