Our style and approach
- We give the best service by building long term relationships with our clients. We also know from experience that clients who keep coming back to our lawyers do so because they find us easy to deal with.
- We should be very accessible; we should do consistently high quality work and we should be a pleasure to deal with.
- The lead lawyer on any project should have an intimate knowledge and understanding of the key documents and issues to deliver the best quality service. The best way to achieve this is for our teams to be tight and for the lead lawyer to be doing the work themselves – not just managing it. This ensures that we are always up to speed and able to give fast reasoned legal and strategic advice. This gives the added benefit of delivering significant cost savings.
- Our lawyers have sufficiently wide experience to enable them to deal with a broad range of complex work. If we do not have the experience or resource to be sure of doing a high quality job we will tell our clients at the outset.
- Associates should not learn their job at the client’s expense. We expect our associates to produce high quality work the first time around. This avoids unnecessary reiterative “supervision” costs.
Our commitment to cost saving
- We are able to deliver good value for money by keeping our teams small, avoiding duplication and working at the right level.
- We believe in scoping each job thoroughly to avoid surprises and to assist with accurate budgeting.
- We believe that we should only carry out the role our clients need. We will do as much or as little of a transaction as they want. We are equally happy to prepare a first draft to enable their commercial managers to negotiate, or to lead negotiations on their behalf.
Our commitment to costs certainty
- Where hourly rates are more appropriate than a fixed fee, we believe that our bills reflect the value of the matter to our clients’ businesses. We will aim to be as competitive as possible.
- We will be pleased to agree capped or fixed fees for tasks, stages or where possible complete projects. We can also agree single blended rates for transactions.
- We believe that we should never ask our clients to increase an agreed fee unless we have discussed changes to the scope of our instructions when they happen.
- We believe that the way we charge for our services should be entirely transparent.
Latest News & Events
- Forget Corporate Manslaughter – It Is Individual Liability That Matters
6th March 2013 - By Hill Hofstetter
Darren Smith Speaking At The Recent IOSH 2013 seminar It could be you in the dock, consultants and Read more...